lunes, abril 23, 2007

Bosque

I sprinted through the hall with fear glowing inside my chest. My task was neither an easy one, nor one i could run away from without shame harassing me for the rest of my dying youth.
A strange feeling was suffocating me, there, within so many memories of a past both beautiful and painful; the pictures hanging from the walls were detailed glimpses of significant moments in the growth of my tortured mind. Somehow I knew exactly were I was going, although I had never before laid foot in this 'purgatory', as I then thought of it. That laberynth of broken glasses and grayscale images was to be my rite of passage.
After an hour or two of running in that endless path, I realized speed was useless. I took a short breath and slowly approached the image that was nearest to me, and plunged deep into the thoughts that emerged while I looked at it. Suddenly I was surounded by a dark forest, beneath a starry, moonless night, with a cool breeze singing amongst the treebranches, and timid, mystical creatures gazing curiously at me from within the shadows of dead oaks. What was 5 seconds ago an endless hall of pain, turned inexplicably into a haven of peace and wonder.
I was home, or so I thought.

No hay comentarios.: